[pianotech] ETD stretch vs pure (octaves)

nature.dude nature.dude at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 13 19:58:17 MST 2009

I've seen several piano tuning software with pre-determined stretches (ex. Grand Piano 6 to 7 ft, Vertical Piano 39 to 51 inches, etc).  It seems as if  the middle 4 octaves or so are tuned with pure octaves while the higher and lower octaves include the stretch.  I've never tuned using pre-defined tunings. Has anyone here?  I wonder what kind of results people get using software with pre-determined stretches.  Anyone wish to comment?