[pianotech] The Db1 theory

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Nov 13 21:28:49 MST 2009

Stéphane Collin wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Working among many pianos, I happened to elaborate a unifying theory, saying
> this : in a piano (meaning any piano), there is one note that sounds better
> than all others.  It is my conviction that this note is Db1 (no matter what
> brand, or what instrument).  I do have clues about why is that.  I just
> wanted to submit this idea to the immense tank of grey cells behind this
> list.

That would be at around 34.65Hz. Police band radar is at
around 34.65GHz, so what you're likely hearing is the sweet
heterodyned resonance of having gotten away with something.
Under the radar, as it were. This sort of thing tends to
resonate with our inner troll.
Ron N - not answering the phone for the next 24.