[pianotech] ETD stretch vs pure (octaves)

allan at sutton.net allan at sutton.net
Sat Nov 14 10:22:10 MST 2009

I have just passed my tuning exam with the wonderful help of David Renaud as
coach. Working towards that made me learn so much about tuning, tuning with
a EDT, tuning by ear, listening to a specific harmonic or to the sound as a
whole.....

Makes me better with a EDT: I actually can judge with my ear what the
machine tells me! I gained much confidence about what I hear.

Makes me better tuning by ear: I now know that the world of piano sounds if
more complex than I thought.

All the information, knowledge and experience feed one another to my
greatest pleasure. Now, so much left to learn...

I am thankful for the opportunity!

Allan Sutton
www.pianotechniquemontreal.com