[pianotech] The Db1 theory

Noah Frere noahfrere at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 19:14:32 MST 2009

Concerning this, I have been increasingly aware of the unsatisfying sound of
the lowest 2 tenor copper-wound notes on many upright pianos. (It is often
difficult to get a nice unison, even on newish Yamaha U1s.)
It's not just that they don't mesh well, but that they sound weird. Does it
have something to do with the end of the bridge? I am not yet well-versed in
piano design.