[pianotech] Bending new back check wires

Al Guecia/AlliedPianoCraft AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 15 05:43:24 MST 2009

Lou,

I start with the back checks facing you on the bench. Lift the key end with your finger to see the line up with the hammer. Do your first bend at the bottom near the key, then a second bend near the top of the wire to make it perpendicular. Once you're close, turn the action around and view from the front and stretch over the action and bend them to make them line up perfectly with the hammer tail.

Al