[pianotech] pianodisc

Roger's Piano Shop rogerspiano at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 15 22:24:08 MST 2009

Allan,
The keyboard masking feature is enabled.  This feature disables selected portions of the keyboard so that a person can play along with the disc playing.  For instance, if you want to play the right hand part and let the disc play the bass, you can mask off the upper portion of the keyboard.  In this case, the lower half is masked off.  You can hit the "mode" button, and bring up "keyboard"  then go to "mask on" or "mask off".  Turn it off, and this should solve your problem.
Roger
-------------- Original message from "allan at sutton.net" <allan at sutton.net>: --------------

Dear beginners,

I have met a pianodisc model PDS-128 plus, serial: W12000029 on a Kohler & Campbell grand from 1998

It plays correctly in top half but nothing from C4 down. The bottom half does't play, even with volume high.

Would that be a candidate for the self check (or self-adjust or something)

Is this procedure something someone would share with me? Should I leave this to a  pianodisc trained technician?
Is there a manual I can get?

Thank you

--
Allan Sutton