[pianotech] Bending new back check wires

David Stocker firtreepiano at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 15 23:43:35 MST 2009

I have done a couple of sets of grand back checks with wires lately. I had a
moment of inspiration and took one of the keys out and laid it on my photo
copier / printer and pushed copy. There is always a minor difference between
the original key and the printout, but it is certainly as close as a jig
might get you. Set the ends of sections and the rest can be eyeballed, or
straight-edged.

There are other reasons to copy an action part, too. Use your imagination.

Dave Stocker, RPT
Tumwater, WA