[pianotech] Weickert Felt by ROnsen

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Wed Nov 18 23:18:39 MST 2009

Hi Dale, Paul,

Dale, as you know, we recently installed a set of Weickerts on a 9' Henry F.
Miller.  Very nice hammers - the whole package.  Used acrylic/acetone in the
top two octaves to bring them up to the same level as the rest of the
piano.  Not much more than "break-in fluid," really.  And, honestly, less
than 30 minutes needling.  Most of that time spent just checking to be sure
I wasn't overlooking something.  Very little actual needling.  The
acrylic/acetone worked very well in terms of bringing the tone up and
matching the overall tonal palette of the other hammers.  Very warm sounding
hammers.  Great fundamental, and a really penetrating sound.  "Out of the
box" type of tone, and very nice.  More like a Shigeru Kawai than a Steinway
it that means anything to anyone.

Client is very pleased.

William R. Monroe