[pianotech] Weickert Felt by ROnsen

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu Nov 19 09:21:56 MST 2009

  Israel
  Beautiful feedback
  This is good info for me & others.
  Dale

Dale,

I recently hung a set of Weickert Ronsens on an 85-note Steinway A, for a client who was unhappy with the tone on her piano. It appears that she had a set of overjuiced ca. 1985 Steinway hammers on there. The Wickerts took a light juicing with 1:4  lacquer throughout the scale, and the tone fell right into place with relatively little needling. The client is ecstatic about  the tone - it is on the bright side, has a good dynamic range and maintains its quality at low dynamic levels, right through ppp - which was her main concern.

Israel Stein

Sub

  Hi All
   Perhaps this has been discussed here since April when I took my leave of abscence. So... Just a quick comment to say that  the final development of Weickert felt has been dialed in closely By Wurzen Felt co/Jack Brand. Over the past 1 & 1/2 years Jack Brand,Ray Negron at Ronsen, myself  have worked hard at beta testing for feedback and the latest batch of felt is getting good reveiws. I've heard some very positive comments from Star Taylor, & Darrel Fandrich.  I think Starr has used them in a Stwy B and a Yamaha of some kind.
    Any body else out there with objective or subjective feedback. I'm just working up a BB Mason but I haven't heard them yet.
   Thanks
  Dale Erwin