[pianotech] Gated communities

James Johnson jhjpiano at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 21 10:24:44 MST 2009

Richard,

I know you didn't mean for your comments to go out to the entire list, but
unfortunately they did so I will comment on them.
I just want to point out that not all gated communities are little islands
of people who are trying to keep the world out.  Out gated community is made
up of condos, townhouses, single family homes, some quite modest like ours
and some very expensive.  One of our friends who lives two doors down is
black, and we see a variety of races in our community.  Rather than a sense
of isolation from each other, we have a great sense of community here, with
a constant schedule of sporting, cultural, charity fund raising and other
fun activities that bring us together.  We have several friends that live
here and it was their description of the community that led us to want to
move here.  We have 5 lakes for swimming and fishing,  miles of hiking and
mountain bike trails, and two golf courses.  I have done some advertising on
the community web site and I have picked up a large number of new customers
who use me because I am part of the community and they feel a loyalty to
their neighborhood businesses.  We are very happy with our decision to move
here.

Jim