[pianotech] Gated Com

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Mon Nov 23 12:14:31 MST 2009

I do not have a problem with guard gates. My big hangup is having to take my shoes off in a home. It is dangerously slippery, makes using the pedals painful. What I distaste even more is being handed a set of "footies" to put on over my shoes. These things tell me about the snootiness of clients. I can understand Asian families. I hate to be considered a lowly laborer and treated as such. Just my humble opinion.
James

Well, it's a good thing you don't live in Hawaii, Jim. It's considered rude not to remove your shoes. Of course we don't have snow and ice to deal with, and 95% of the time the floors are clean. When I first came here I wore sandals without sock, and walked around barefooted. I now wear loafers with socks, so I walk around in sock feet. They do wear out, but my feet dont' get dirty.

Wim

I do not have a problem with guard gates. My big hangup is having to take my shoes off in a home. It is dangerously slippery, makes using the pedals painful. What I distaste even more is being handed a set of "footies" to put on over my shoes. These things tell me about the snootiness of clients. I can understand Asian families. I hate to be considered a lowly laborer and treated as such. Just my humble opinion.
James
James Grebe Est. 1962
Piano Tuner-Technician
Creator of Custom Caster Cups