[pianotech] Hammer Heads Seperated

William R. Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Mon Nov 23 13:43:51 MST 2009

Matthew,

How old is the piano?  If it's less than 10 or 15 yrs old I'd call
Schimmel. It's a nice piano, and while gluing the felt back on is
possible, you'll have lost a good deal of compression.

If you can't get warranteed hammers (and I'd push for a whole set -
same glue, y'know) you'll be relegated to gluing, or replacing at the
customers expense. If it ends up gluing, the procedure I've used (with
mixed results) is thick CA on the molding, PVC-E on the felt and clamp
together for a minute. Good luck.

William R. Monroe