[pianotech] A correction on history...

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Wed Nov 25 01:27:42 MST 2009

So did the US.... part of FDR's strategy according to some historians,
to maneuver the US into the position its held in the world since the end
of WW II. Interesting marriage between the US and Great Britain
considering that the whole thing cost Great Britain its <<empire>>.

That aside... I wonder how much of American piano related industry was
gearing up for the war effort in 1940. Never really thought about it....

Cheers
RicB

    Oops, as someone just pointed out Pearl wasn't 1940 but rather 1941,
    and the 7th not 17th.  I don't know what I was thinking I watch the
    History Channel all the time.  I've been tuning WAY too many
    pianos!  Yamaha was probably already manufacturing war hardware by
    then, Japan knew it was coming.

    Rob Goodale, RPT
    Las Vegas NV