[pianotech] Lyre Damage

Andrew Anderson anrebe at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 06:31:54 MST 2009

Will,
On all the pianos I carry, there is a steel beam going across the
keybed to stabilize it.  In fact on some of them the lyre is mounted
to the steel box beam.  I do think that an alternative might be
satisfactory and have thought of building something of 2x and plywood
but have hesitated on how to mount it temporarily without making
additional marks on the underside of the keybed.  I've moved without
the lyre but comparatively it is quite difficult.

Andrew