[pianotech] Worst Kawai Ever

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Wed Nov 25 14:34:18 MST 2009

Rob, others...

Thanks for the feedback.  I think I'll actually contact them and see if
they are interested in a decent set of bass strings.  Actaully this
surprised me as every Kawai I've ever run into before has been a pretty
decent instrument.  Ok...perhaps this one is an entry level model made
in Indonesia... we dont get a lot of Kawais here som I'm not up to snuff
on them... but seems to me that a bass with this degree of para has just
got to be able to be improved.  Para isnt built into the instrument
itself... not to this degree...  or what ?

The Jiffy leads should be removed in any case... I mean if they want a
heavy action there are better ways of going about it then these... at
least in my book. As for warranty.... well thats where things would get
sticky... for reasons I'm not going to get into in public :) Tho I will
mention it to them. Thanks again.

Cheers
RicB

    I would say you have a real rarity here as Kawais are serious
    leaders in the piano industry.  More then likely the string maker
    was asleep that day otherwise it would probably be a great piano.
    If it is still under warranty then contact Kawai for another set of
    bass strings.  It's probably ready for some basic regulating by now
    too and a little hammer voicing.  If you take care of those three
    things the customer will think you are the greatest in the world and
    you will probably get some good referrals out of it.

    Rob Goodale, RPT
    Las Vegas, NV