[pianotech] Service bond price

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 27 17:00:11 MST 2009

I agree on all accounts.  Gee, Ron, David and I are all agreeing?  Wow!

I have always felt compelled to compliment Yamaha for their continued
Service Bonds.  Even if it is piddles for pay.  It is one way to at least
make sure their pianos once sold stay in good shape on two levels.  1.  They
are making sure that their pianos are properly maintained for the first
year. (Supposing someone qualified is working on them) I.e., in fairly top
condition (for $35) and it even gets a touch up regulation etc., if
necessary.  But, usually, they do not require much other than tunings.

As you or someone mentioned, it is too bad that other manufacturer's have
not yet followed suit doing something similar.

2.  They are getting the client started on the right path of proper
maintenance.  After the first two tunings, it is then up to the clients to
make sure they stay on top of things.  Many of them do, at least for the
first few years anyway because they realize and have been trained by us, as
for the reasons why.

Jer