[pianotech] agraffe prep redux

Jude Reveley (Absolute Piano) juderev at verizon.net
Fri Nov 27 21:14:34 MST 2009

Hi David,

Sorry I couldn't resist the digression since I've been meaning to ask for
awhile now, but to your point...I would pull the semi-agraffes out,
sandblast the dirt and finish off, toss them in a vibratory tumbler,
reinstall them, shoe shine them with abrasive cord followed by some Flitz
buffed with a dremel polisher or Foredom and Qtip. I think the abrasive cord
might be easier to work consistently than the file (unless you feel you need
to aggresively remove some material).

Jude Reveley, RPT
Absolute Piano Restoration, LLC
www.absolute-piano.com