[pianotech] prepping before sale

Marcel Carey mcpianos at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 28 17:36:18 MST 2009

Hi Jer,

Boy are we ever grumpy tonight :-)

But I agree with you on this one. Don't know which manufacturer you are talking about, but I've seen what you've seen on different brands.

Maybe the wood used to manufacture pianos is just not seasoned enough anymore. It's probably just dried out in a kiln and then processed. I think with the climate changes and humidity swings that I witness here in Canada, the wood might need more than just drying out once. Maybe it needs to sit out in the open for a few years before it's seasoned right for a piano.

But then again, you and I are the only ones complaining. So why would a profitable company change the way they produce a piano?

Good rant

Marcel Carey