[pianotech] Oversized tuning pins

David Doremus algiers_piano at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 28 20:40:35 MST 2009

Actually, I had a situation like this 6 or 7 years ago on a restrung
Steinway O that was completely untunable. I did the basically same thing
except I lowered tension, popped out the beckets and backed all the pins
out with a drill. Then replaced the beckets and drove the pins down to
their original height. They all tuned very nicely afterwards and it only
took about 4 hours total. Of course there was a follow up tuning later
in the week....

--Dave
  New Orleans