[pianotech] One Piano +++ Three sounding boards

JWyatt1492 at aol.com JWyatt1492 at aol.com
Sun Nov 29 09:45:01 MST 2009

Hello Marshall and All;

    The " Marcellus " was built by the " Heppe"  Piano
Co. at 1117 Chestnut St. Philadelphia, Pa.

   This Co.  DID  build a piano with "three sound
boards". a Patent was issued in 1902.
    I have known about this for many years but  have
never seen one.
   .
   Several pianos made at various times  were tri-strung.
"three bridges" Three such pianos that jump into my mind
are the Orchestral Sq. by Mathushek and the 4' 6" Grand
built by  Straube Piano, of Hammond, Ind. in the 20s.and
the 4' 8" Gr.  by "Francis Bacon"  at 601 W, 50th. St  N.Y.
 also in the  20..

  Marshall,  as Curator of the PTGF. Museum I would like
any and all pictures you can get of this soundboard system
also any Pat. numbers.

    Our Museum was created for Piano Technicians of  today
and forever after. This would help.

Jack Wyatt R.P.T.
Dallas,