[pianotech] Photo Journal / Essay

Chuck Behm behmpiano at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 17:32:49 MST 2009

>Hello !!

>  What age,  Brand and Model of upright piano
>are you restoring ?

> I will read with interest your article when it is published.

>Thank you in advance,
>Jack Wyatt

>Hi Jack - It's a 1915 Walworth upright. A good, solid upright piano -
fairly
>plain case. The owner's mother learned to play piano on it and put her
>signature on the cast iron plate when she was a girlNothing of great
>historical value or significance, but of very much sentimental value to the
>owner. Chuck

Chuck,

Be sure to refinish that plate... '-]

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044

David - It would be just like me to do something like that. Fortunately, I
remembered to overlay the top part of the plate with clear plastic. I
sprayed the lower portion and feathered the two regions together. I had
thought about leaving the entire plate untouched, but the bottom portion was
pretty dinged up. Chuck