[pianotech] Oversized tuning pins

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sun Nov 29 18:39:42 MST 2009

Pins get beveled to a point at the end and if the length of the bevel is
shorter on the replacement pin it could make a difference but it could also
make a difference if you just drove the new pin a bit further using the same
style pin.  Better to, as you mention, either use a shorter pin or knock out
that shelf with a drill when you prep the old hole for a new size.  I
usually do the later.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com