[pianotech] Oversized tuning pins

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sun Nov 29 21:58:04 MST 2009

Well I do wonder if it might work to flash heat up the tuning pin for a
moment via electric current but I don't think I'd dare try it on a customer
piano in their home.  Of course if the problem is the pin bottoming out in
the old hole I don't think it will help.  Nevertheless, if you'd like to
give it a shot and report back your findings we'd all be very grateful.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com