[pianotech] treating bridges with CA

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Mon Nov 30 17:35:03 MST 2009

Hi Barbara,

I have, with very good results. It did indeed do all three things you listed below. I even did it on our concert instruments and the false beats immediately disappeared on several problem notes. Never came back. I've done it on dozens of pianos.

But... with a couple practice room pianos the glue got under the string (blame it on old eyes) and made a few strings buzz like nothing I'd ever heard. I had to scrape the stuff out from there. Lesson learned? Don't be sloppy. And, more isn't necessarily better.

Regards,
Jim