[pianotech] Pin height

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 2 06:14:22 MDT 2009

I was always taught that looks are everything.  It does not take any more
time to place the same amount of coils on each pin nor does take any more
time to tighten them up and line up beckets.  If I replace a broken string,
I can line up the beckets on both tuning pins to those surrounding it with
no problem and always do.  Looks are as important as anything else.
Otherwise, why line up hammers to look right when replacing them?  Or back
checks?  Or anything else for that matters?

Jer