[pianotech] Standard Tuning Prices

Mike Kurta mkurta1 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 8 10:30:24 MDT 2009

    Isn't this true of most professions?  I've come across sub standard lawyers, teachers, doctors, mechanics,  and others who have passed an accreditation.  After that, its up to each as to the level of quality they choose to work toward.  Unless there is a visible public outcry or some gross legal offense, mediocre and/or dishonest work will always persist in a variety of fields.
    The problem is widespread, however a number of professions do require yearly training such as nurses, accountants, pharmacists and teachers to upgrade their skills.  Granted it doesn't guarantee honest, high quality performance, but at least they're are making the effort.  We hope the public is smart about whom they hire, piano technicians included.
    Mike Kurta, RPT