[pianotech] hammer issue

Greg Newell gnewell at ameritech.net
Thu Oct 8 14:05:52 MDT 2009

Steven,

                By the time you read this you’ll probably already have your
answer. My criteria for repetition lever spring tension is to have the
hammer fully rise to the point of letoff without jumping. This presupposes
that the pinning is good all around. It won’t happen this way if it’s not.
The rise should be slow but sure. Does this help?

Greg Newell

Greg's Piano Forté

www.gregspianoforte.com

216-226-3791 (office)