[pianotech] Broken hammer shank on a Yamaha Spinet

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Sun Oct 11 11:46:09 MDT 2009

I much prefer to remove the shank, with a shank removal tool.
Then you have the angle.
If it is broken off too close, then use Joe Garrett's method.
Much better way to get the angle.
This is the first, and I hope last time I hear of someone using C/A glue, to
glue the shanks to hammers or butts.
C/A has it's place, but this is not one of them.
John Ross,
Windsor, Nova Scotia