[pianotech] Problem w/ Shop Lighting

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Wed Oct 14 09:37:25 MDT 2009

  Subject: Re: [pianotech] Problem w/ Shop Lighting

  Hi,
  My new shop is a pole barn 40 x 34 w/ metal sides and roof. Fully insulated and conditioned, but with 4 rows of florescent tubes. Plenty of light but absolutly very bad radio reception.  An outside FM antenna helps a little, but not much and no AM reception. We are in a rural area. When the lights are off the radio works fine.  Any suggestions about further filtering?
  Carlos Ralon, RPT
    Carlos,
    This is kind of an end run to your question but I have the same problem with AM reception in my shop.
    Most if not all radio stations now have steaming audio and even archived programing that can be accessed from a computer. Access from a stations website is a few clicks away from perfect reception.I enjoy the NPR interview programs such as "Fresh Air" and "This American Life" essentially on demand along with real time broadcast of both AM and FM programming.Even youtube has  concert performances from many artists .
    Best wishes,
    Tom Driscoll