[pianotech] don't do work for this manufacturer...yadayada

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 27 10:48:51 MDT 2009

Dave said: "This may be a good time to start a thread called "Good business practices in working with manufacturers". Even before the downturn in the economy, manufacturers worldwide were facing difficulties. We all (technicians, dealers, and manufacturers) should work together to build strength in the piano community. "

Dave,
I completely agree, even tho, in the past I felt quite the opposite. The fact remains: If we do not support our local Dealers and promote Pianos, in general, the store will fail. IF the store fails, the manufacturer will soon follow. If the manufacturer(s) fail, we, as technicians, will not have the availability of parts, (Baldwin is a good example), then, we as technicians will fail!!! It all hinges on our willingness to be a COMMUNITY!
Best Regards,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police