[pianotech] Mysterious Key Noise

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Tue Oct 27 21:18:22 MDT 2009

Patrick,
 I assume you have removed the whippen and inspected. One suggestion if after inspecting the whippen it seems OK is to switch it with the next note and see if the problem follows the part. I have not read all the responses but I had a Estonia  where a key was knocking on the sostenuto pitman. The key had a shallow cutout for clearance but was still too close to the pitman. Just a thought .
Tom Driscoll