[pianotech] Hearing protection

David Weiss davidweiss at embarqmail.com
Sat Sep 5 12:10:08 MDT 2009

I tried the Sensgard and didn't care for them.  They were comfortable but I
felt they were not giving me any attenuation.  Even though they were rated
at 26db I felt as if I wasn't getting any protection at all.

Currently I use musician's earplugs made for me by an audiologist.  They
cost more, (about $100), but that is a small expense for the benefit.  The
model I use has a rating of 12db.

David Weiss