[pianotech] Hearing protection

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Sun Sep 6 07:37:29 MDT 2009

Thanks, ear drum I know. :-)
John Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: paul bruesch
  To: pianotech at ptg.org
  Sent: Sunday, September 06, 2009 10:22 AM
  Subject: Re: [pianotech] Hearing protection

  Tympanic Membrane (ear drum)

  On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 8:15 AM, John Ross <jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca> wrote:

    TM?
    John Ross
    Windsor, Nova Scotia

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Porritt, David" <dporritt at mail.smu.edu>
    To: <pianotech at ptg.org>
    Sent: Sunday, September 06, 2009 10:08 AM

    Diane:

    My audiologist was at a convention of audiologists and during a
    demonstration of a new molding material got the set material stuck in his
    ear.  There was a room full of trained people to help but by the time they
    removed the material they did damage his TM.  There was no (or inadequate)
    provision to let air in as the molding material was to be removed.

    dave

    David M. Porritt, RPT
    dporritt at smu.edu