[pianotech] Verdigris

David Doremus algiers_piano at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 7 07:45:08 MDT 2009

David Love wrote:

> I’m wondering if that problem existed as late as 1947?
>
> David Love
>
> www.davidlovepianos.com

My personal piano is an L from 1950 and it has verdigris. I repin it as
necessary because the hammers are hardly worn at all and I really like
the tone. I havent seen any verdigris in more recent instruments, maybe
mine was the last? Of course, then they got into those odd textured
plates, and felt knuckles and all the teflon and geometry changes...

---Dave
New Orleans