[pianotech] Teaching on my nickle???

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 8 10:05:17 MDT 2009

Ron N. said: "What appalls me about this is the re-re-re-re-revisitation of
the near universal presumption that "restoration" of pianos
equals refinishing, since the furniture is the only thing that
matters, and the insides (function) aren't important. The rest
is usual second level sheep dip.

But then aren't the folks being asked to travel half way
across the country on their nickel to teach at conventions and
seminars being asked to do the same thing?"

Ron,
You are sooooo right! Especially about the "Sheep Dip" and "Teaching on our nickle" All crap in my no so humble opinion. You can thank the previous MORJITS for that bit of stupidity. Impossible to figger their reasoning, especially during a definate down-turn of income by all in this nation!! Sheesh!
(btw, MORJIT is a combination of Moron & Idjit.<G>) And yes, please do quote me on this, even to those responsible. Would love to do battle with em'!
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I