[pianotech] Hearing Improvement

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner at msn.com
Tue Sep 8 13:43:11 MDT 2009

Earplugs are wonderful for tuning! They improve the signal to noise ratio, thus making it easier to hear the piano by making the background noise less prominent.

However, they will not improve your actual hearing acuity.

It is sad to say that at several conventions I have met techs who have purchased a wide variety of earplugs in an attempt to improve their high frequency hearing loss.

Knowledge is power.  We need to know what our problem actually is before we can effectively deal with it.

Diane Hofstetter

[pianotech] Hearing Improvement
Blaine Hebert brhebert at verizon.net
Tue Sep 8 09:18:57 MDT 2009