[pianotech] Baffles

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 9 10:36:55 MDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 9:37 AM, chuck c <chchristus at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I'll second Mr. Servinsky's recommendation.
> I doubled up on the 2.5" Markertek acoustic foam, since that's how it gets
> shipped to you anyway, cut to size (using Momma's electric carving knife -
> works great!).
> Attenuates a good deal of sound from beneath a grand piano. (I know this is
> not a scientific quantification, but to my ears, and more importantly - to
> my paying customer's ears - it was very successful!)
> Chuck Christus

 I recently had a customer complaining about the bright tone of the new
Kawai console she had bought for her daughter, she had traded in an old
Wurlitzer studio, so old it was blonde! It had little tone left and
obviously very low tone and volume.

My question is would this acoustic foam be too much for a situation such as
this?

Thanks,

Mike
--
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404