[pianotech] Haynes baby grand

CHARLES BECKER cbeckercpt at verizon.net
Fri Sep 11 15:45:00 MDT 2009

I am working on a Haines N.Y. and can't date it either.  # 8577  is everywhere you would expect a serial # to be but the Atlas is no help.  This is an odd case.  Not a bent rim,  but squared  and joined almost looks like a squared harpsichord. It has  double legs and a textured plate.  The piano is average but the case is interesting.  The customer thinks it is about 70 years old.  Anyone come across one of these?