[pianotech] My new website

David Weiss davidweiss at embarqmail.com
Mon Sep 14 17:52:57 MDT 2009

Rob,

I think the site looks good, clean and simple.

One suggestion though, you have a tab called "Useful Links" however I don't
think the links are particularly useful. Most of your links are to piano
manufacturers.  Although some people visiting your site may want to purchase
a new piano, that won't be true for the majority.  Beside, people don't need
a link to find a piano manufacturer, if some is looking for Steinway for
example, they will simply type Steinway into their search engine.

Try to make your links actually useful.  My links page is still a work in
progress, but I have links to local music teachers, links to PTG stuff like
how to buy a piano, and how a piano works, research correlating music and
intelligence, and information for people studying piano. I'm in the process
of adding links to local music stores.  I've received good feedback from
clients about my links page, and the piano teachers I link to appreciate it
and are happy to refer me clients.

I've found a web site, like many things,  is a work in progress,
periodically I go over it and try to improve it.

One more thought, David Anderson recently did a 2 part article in the
Journal about web sites.  If you haven't yet read these articles you should,
they were great.

David Weiss