[pianotech] Action removal

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 15 08:01:48 MDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 4:53 AM, William Truitt <surfdog at metrocast.net>wrote:

>  ?
>

> Will

Matthew,

Will gave you some VERY good advice and wrote what many of us are thinking.
Your response made no sense.
He was trying to inform you that this forum is usually for questions and
problems of an unusual or out of the ordinary sort, not How to be a Piano
Technician 101.
Removing an action from a piano, regardless of make with bridle straps
intact or not should not be cause for posting a question.
You ascertain how it's attached, undo it and remove it, PERIOD.
The occasional question from a newbie is fine but your constant questions
about simple things that anyone claiming to be a tech should know or be
willing to try on his own makes many of us wonder if, as Will asked, you are
cut out for this work.

Many if not all of your questions can be answered with a little thought,
some common sense and good old trial and error which is how most of us
learned and are STILL learning.
We sometimes ask others how they accomplished a task, hence this forum but
we don't fill it with the minutiae of our days work.

My intent is not to stop you from asking questions but simply to TRY
answering them for yourself, first, as most of us do, if you find you simply
can't figure it out THEN ask the question.

Try it you might find you'll not only learn something but remember it much
better for having figured it our yourself and there's always the pride
factor of having figured out something for yourself!

Good luck,

Mike

--
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404