[pianotech] Action removal

David Doremus algiers_piano at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 15 14:12:49 MDT 2009

Honestly, what bothers me about Matthews questions is that he advertises
himself thusly /"Matthew's vast knowledge of pianos comes from his
association with fine piano technicians and /_registered piano
technicians_/ from around the country" /while constantly asking
questions that show a serious lack of understanding of basic piano
service or even problem solving. The best thing is to find and work with
a mentor rather than use this list to do your work for you. We all, me
especially, ask fairly dumb questions all the time, but not such a
constant stream while claiming expertise we don't have. I'm with Will on
this one, and not meaning it at all to put down new technicians, I am
constantly reminded how little I know by people like Terry Farrel and
Ron N and Joe G.

--Dave
   New Orleans
  ( not at all trying to be a list keeper, but in the market for a flame
suit :-} )
/
/