[pianotech] Tuning hammer position

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Sep 15 16:31:34 MDT 2009

I'm a relative newbie at only 10 years or so. BUT, that doesn't stop
me from contributing my two cents. Between noon and maybe 1:30 on a
vertical (I'm 6'0") and anywhere from noon to 2:00 pm or so on a
grand. I've never noticed any difference in stability with different
positions. My technique may be part of that though. I last few back-
and-forth movements are usually pretty light and I just don't see how
a different angle would affect anything. If you were making one big
pull and turning the pin, then I could easily understand how the
hammer angle might affect stability.

Terry Farrell

PS: Dig the quote.