[pianotech] Steinway verdigris questions

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Wed Sep 16 11:55:41 MDT 2009

It might take 75 years for the verdigris to effect the center pin, but by that time, other problems will most likely have occurred to replace the wippens, and/or the hammer flanges. In actuality, I've always recommended replacing the parts.?I think in all my years of rebuilding, I've only repinned one set of verdigris shanks. And that was the first set I ever did. Then I learned my lesson.

I just mentioned the repinning as a possibility, not as a recommendation.

Wim