[pianotech] Re VJ Lube

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 16 20:04:18 MDT 2009

Paul,
It's my experience that a lesser amount of lanolin is a better formula. Since this stuff has been around longer than I have, it has many different formulae, depending on who tells you and how it has worked for them. The Anhydrous Lanolin is not cheap, so use of it in a sparing manner was how I have formulated the stuff. As for the ratios, (not being a math type), whatever "ratio" 1 part lanolin to 2 parts Vasoline is, works for me. I add talc until the consistancy, (while it's hot), is like thick cream. Once it's cooled it takes on the basic properties of "Cold Peanut Butter", as Ron so susinctly has described it. K?
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I