[pianotech] interesting piano

"Rafael M. Huberman Muñiz" rafahuberman at prodigy.net.mx
Thu Sep 17 07:09:49 MDT 2009

Ron,

Thanks for your photos and explanation! Yes I ment by curve exactly
the one you pointed as curve! And more precisely the left arrow you
draw under "curve?" I apologize for not knowing the correct terms. I
can see that I will certanly fail the rpt exams...

Terry,

I'm sorry I don't meet your expectations, and I apologize for being so
far from your level of expertise. I'll try not to post any comment in
the future that will upset you! I hope that if I do it and you get
upset by it then you will address directly to me and not talk about me
with your colleages as you did now and also with my post about the
"Double plate Stainway" as I called it because yes, I never seen a
Steinway like that before. Sorry if that term offended you but I
didn't know how to call it, now, thanks to the forum and in particular
to Joe Garret and Bill Shull now I now that the soundboard perimeter-
compressing “double iron” plate technology from the 1866-1872 Steinway
vertical is called “Patent Resonator” and I will address to it with
that term in the future that certanly you are most familiar with it
since you probably have dealt with them very often even though there
are very few in the world.

  I thought this forum was for learning and sharing experiences and
also for making mistakes and get corrected by the experts. what I
didn't know is that if I make a mistake I will be trated with
disrespect, sarcasm and everybody will laught about my ignorance...

And BTW, just for you to know, I'm the only piano technician here in
Oaxaca so I  have nobody to talk to or see how they work, so thanks
for your assistance!

Sincerely,

Rafael Huberman

Rafael M. Huberman Muñiz, M.Mus