[pianotech] Steinway console keys

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 20 00:35:05 MDT 2009

The guy actually did a favor..   The hammer return springs have probably
gotten weak, and the keys didn't return.  Plug the old holes and balance the
keys.  Never mind the bushings, just replace them.  These Steinway consoles
are notorious for sluggish keys.  Often these keys are too heavily front
weighted, and his removing the leads may have helped with keys that didn't
return.  Now you just have to finish the job.
	Paul McCloud
	San Diego