[pianotech] FW: re: Rebushing keys, was ...VS Profelt

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 2 13:58:31 MDT 2010

I size mortices with very thin hot hide glue.   I also tend to do one side and let it dry overnight, then I can get a perfect fit of cloth for the final caul.  It seems to me the one sided caul will let the other bushing flap lift if not held down.   I like the both cauls to be snug.   I can't do it 2 hours and be happy...
I also apply microfine teflon powder to the finished bushings...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044