[pianotech] Pitch Change (was: Grey market pianos, seasoned pianos, etc.)

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 3 08:05:32 MDT 2010

OK, a little play in words.......  In so many sentences you and others are
indeed saying that it is not the main reason.  I am saying that I think it
is. Has the rise and fall ever been measured?

Doors and door jams expand and contract as much as 1/4" during each seasonal
change.  Sound boards do expand and contract a lot.  If it is not the
expansion and contraction of the sounding board causing it, then, what is?
It changes the most in the center of the piano. Strings go sharp from being
pushed sharp.  What I said, seems to be the most logical explanation.

I have a meeting with Yat Lam Hong at 1 PM today. I will ask his opinion on
the matter and get back to you with it later on.

Jer