[pianotech] PCE-E for damper felts?

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Sun Apr 4 06:55:27 MDT 2010

David, Ron, Jon, thank you for your responses on this.

I have used both hide glue and a latex-based glue available in the UK
called Copydex, for fitting new damper felts in the past.  I was just
curious to find out what people's experiences were, with the PVC-E.

Hide glue is of course a known quantity longterm, affording the
possibility of relatively easy removal and renewal in the future (and,
depending on type etc, fairly fast "tack").  I don't think this
Bechstein I'm doing, will get another set of damper felts in its
lifetime, so easy removal need not be a factor, I guess.

I stuck a little piece of felt to a bit of pine with PVC-E, just to see
what it was like, and i'm impressed with it!

Best regards,

David Boyce.