[pianotech] cleaning key tops

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Apr 5 13:41:32 MDT 2010

Acetone is a common ingredient in lacquer thinner, which is a blend of
several organic solvents. Acetone is generally less aggressive than
lacquer thinner. Other than that, yes they are similar. I think you
are probably correct that acetone will eat a plastic keytop - but
perhaps more slowly than lacquer thinner. I meant by different beast
that it was not the same thing.

Terry Farrell